About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Today's CULINARY Delights

Сегодня Я пошла на рынок, и Я купила овощи и фрукти. Здесь это фотографии. Today I went to the market, and I bought vegetables and fruit. Here are the photos.


 cucumbers = огурцы
tomatoes = помидоры
peppers = перцем


onions = лук
apples = яблоки


bananas = бананы
mandarin oranges = мандаринов


This was my supper. Это была мой ужина.
I sauteed some diced onions in butter, chopped up some yellow pepper and sausage (колбаса), and made an egg-scramble seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
It was very tasty. Это была очень вкусня. 

I am very pleased with myself -- I purchased everything I wanted at the market, I had fun, AND I learned how to ask in Russian for only half a kilo = полкило.
I even got to taste a piece of the mandarin orange to make sure that I liked the produce before I bought it! I think that is pretty standard; the sellers in the market will let you taste most things before buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment