About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Birth-and-Life-Day Celebration

When it comes to birthdays, I freely share my age and happily celebrate every year because for me, it's about celebrating the fact that I am alive and I have a birthday! God has been so good to me, and my birthday is just one special day that I can set aside to celebrate and appreciate the life that He has given me!

This year, I was sick with a cold on the actual day of my birth, and I wasn't able to celebrate with others also because it was the day before Ukrainian Christmas. I did have a nice relaxing day and was thankful for the kindness of many friends and family to remind me how much I am loved.

I spent the last week in the city of Kramatorsk, Ukraine, with a missionary friend, and we planned a little party to celebrate my birthday.

Step one: Preparing the decorations
I popped the only purple balloon in the package while blowing it up, but it was fine.


Step two: Setting the table...a "love"-ly theme


 

Nice candles and a pretty little rose decoration in the middle!


The birthday girl (and her talking hamster)!


 Step three: Just about ready to eat...
Kate (far right) is a friend I met last August who celebrated with us.


Me and Doreen, a dear friend who hosted me in her home for a week!


Delicious food - beet salad, rice and chicken casserole and pickled tomatoes!


My birthday cake was one of the best I've tasted in a long time!!


The chocolate candy in the bottom right corner was a gift from Kate - yummy!



Blowing out the candles on the cake...


Then, while drinking coffee and eating chocolate, we watched the first 2 hrs of ...
Anne of Green Gables - the Sequel!


Fellowship with friends, great food, and my favourite movie...
It was a special party - just enough to help me celebrate and remember how very blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment