About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Friday, May 25, 2012

LOOKING UP...AND HOLDING ON

The title describes how I am living day-by-day as I prepare for one of the biggest changes in my life. But it is something that I have to continually remind myself of, because learning to walk by faith is a process. I am so thankful that God is patient with me and that "He knows [my] frame, He remembers that [I am] dust" -- Psalm 103:14.

Looking Up -- I have been making a decided effort to spend time in God's Word and prayer before I start every day, and I've asked my prayer partner to help keep me accountable. Without this, it is incredibly easy to start looking at my circumstances and wondering if I'm going to be able to do what I need to do and how everything is going to come together. I need to keep "looking unto Jesus."

I started this post back in April, but am now finishing it on May 25th, and I am amazed at how God continues to teach me what He wants to do in my life...

Holding On -- It is easy, being a short-sighted and finite human being, to lose sight of what God has already done and what He is going to do to fulfil the good purposes He has for me. This "holding on" is, I believe, how we keep focus in the midst of changes and uncertainties. I need to remember what the LORD, our Sovereign God, has done already and to keep holding on to the truth that He "is faithful to all His promises" (Psalm 145), and as I do that, I will be encouraged as I continue to take steps of faith and trust along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment