About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Friday, September 28, 2012

GRACE ALONE

Yesterday morning I woke up with a song that was playing over and over in my mind... I can't count the number of times this happens for me or the ways that the music blesses and ministers to my soul! I know it is a gift from the Lord, because every time it happens, the message of the song is just what I need at that particular moment, and that is definitely a work of God!

The song I was singing all day yesterday and today as well was "Grace Alone," written by Scott Wesley Brown and Jeff Nelson. This one has always been special to me and it was just what I needed yesterday. So I decided that I wanted to translate this song into Russian... and since I don't know all the rules and words yet, I'm using Google Translate to help me out. :)

But before I share with you my translation of this song, I want to tell again just how real God's grace has been for me this week...

I was feeling just a little discouraged earlier on because I was struggling with understanding the formation of certain phrases and words and I wasn't sure if I could make the transition to thinking differently. I also had a couple of late nights and so I was tired yesterday morning when I went into class.

I ask the Lord each day to help me with the tasks ahead of me and I know that He will but sometimes I feel unworthy of that, which is exactly the definition of grace - receiving something we don't deserve. So His gift to me was that yesterday I was able to grasp the concept we had been studying earlier on in the week and I made some progress. Today, I was able to communicate not only with my language teacher, but also with my landlady IN RUSSIAN and this is amazing, considering I have only had 4 weeks of language classes!

I started by translating the words of the chorus and that's what I want to share with you today. The words are not always a direct translation, but as accurate as possible to what the English words mean:

Grace alone, which God supplies.
Только благодатью, что Бог снабжает.
Strength unknown, He will provide.
Великая сила, Бог обеспечит.
Christ in us, our Cornerstone -
Христос в нас, наш фундамент.
We will go forth in grace alone.
Мы будем идти вперед в благодати только.

So remember, whatever you are facing today, you can go forth in God's grace alone -- it is sufficient for our every need!!

No comments:

Post a Comment