About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Shopping and Other Things...

Покупки в Украине
Shopping in Ukraine is a very interesting experience. There are little street-side markets (like a mini farmer's market) on many of the streets, where you can buy anything from shoes to fresh fruit to flowers, and often a little cheaper than you can get at the bigger stores. These street markets often don't close until late either, so it's quite handy -- but only if you know enough of the language. I bought a pair of sandals the other day and I didn't understand the lady, so I gave her a larger bill and she was frustrated with having to give me so much change, but...oh well.

I needed a good purse/bag -- most of the ladies here carry very large purses, so I don't feel out of place at all carrying my newest purchase... (see picture below)


I love the colour, the size, the fact that it zips closed, it fits perfectly over my shoulder, AND I can carry all of my school supplies in it as well, so I only have to carry one bag most days!! It's also big enough that if I go shopping for a few small things, that I can just fit them in my purse instead of having to carry another bag.

But speaking of bags, it is extremely helpful to have a bag along in your purse that you can put your purchases in, so when I found this little treasure the other day, I just HAD to buy it!!! (See below)


This is when it is opened up -- it's a medium-sized canvas bag.


And this is when it is closed back up! (It looks just like a little wallet and fits perfectly in my purse without taking up too much space!!)

I also bought a light jacket with lots of pockets, which zips up the side (I haven't taken a picture of that yet), and I like it a lot. Plus, it was a good price. AND...I bought it at the second-hand store here, kind of like Value Village or Salvation Army.

Good footwear is a MUST here, since we do a LOT of walking!! I got a little sore on the back of my foot the other day from my shoes...I must not have worn them that much back in Canada. So then I had to figure out how to keep walking without scratching the skin completely off. A wet wipe folded and wrapped around the back of my foot just inside the back edge of the shoe helped for a bit. I asked a friend if there were bandaids here, since I knew that would help, and she said that we probably wouldn't be able to find them. Well, we did!!

But I am having fun figuring all this out and discovering how well I can adapt to a situation that I've not usually experienced before -- God's grace IS sufficient and He DOES care about the little things that concern us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment