About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Just As He Wants It To Be...

A little more than a week ago, as I prepared for ministering alongside a short-term missions team, these words from Joni Eareckson Tada were EXACTLY what I needed to hear:

"But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be."  ~ 1 Corinthians 12:18

"Just" means exactly or specifically. God has a unique role for me -- and for you, too. You're living where you are, doing what you're doing, and surrounded by the people with whom you live and work because you are the only one who can fit that niche. God has carved it out just for you. In fact, 1 Cor. 12:18 is like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. When it comes to your place in the kingdom, things aren't too hot or too cold, too soft or hard, too big or small. God's got it "just right." You can't miss God's will for you (unless you're off on some sinful path). You are smack in the middle of it. So open your eyes. This is where and how you fit. Now, how are you going to let that piece of information infiltrate your actions and thoughts today? What does that mean regarding the "mundane" aspects of your life?

I knew in my head that God had a particular reason for bringing me to this place and that as long as I fully trusted Him that He would accomplish what He desired in and through me, but getting that realization to be rooted in my heart so that it affected my thoughts and actions ... that was a little more challenging.


You see, I still struggle with expectations (and probably will for the remainder of the time I live on planet earth) of myself and of how things should be in certain situations, and although I really do have a heart for people, when I think about ministry, I often think about what I should be "doing."

The team from North Carolina was comprised of 18 people, and when Adam informed us of this, my first thought was, "Well, is there anything I will actually be able to do?" I envisioned myself tagging along and feeling a little like a fifth-wheel as the team had a great missions experience and interacted with the kids and the Rays of Love team.

I should NOT have worried AT ALL! Although I am still in the process of getting to know the Ukrainian missionary team, God has brought us together and He has a plan for every single one of us, with our unique strengths and weaknesses. It was not long before I realized that everything was working out JUST EXACTLY the way God planned and wanted it to be!!

Not only did I have a wonderful time interacting with and getting to know the team from N.C., but I also felt very much a part of the Ukrainian team, which was important for me as I transition into working with them full-time. And it became VERY obvious to me that God had specific people for me to interact with and minister to during that time -- NOT so that I could feel important or competent, but so that I would get a glimpse of how He is at work here and would be able to share that with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment