About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

NEW BEGINNINGS - 2010

Well, we're officially halfway through the month of January and this is my first post...
I am committed to posting regularly - it's just taken me awhile to get back into a consistent, regular routine.

     On my first day back at work on January 4th, I literally had a new, "fresh" beginning - I had been able to get caught up on the workload at the end of December and it was delightful to have a clean desk. Of course, this only lasted for a day before it returned to normalcy.
     Thankfully, I have a new perspective on my job as well - over the last few months God has, by His grace, been giving me a new outlook, particularly in regard to my job. I am so thankful for the freedom and peace that comes from doing just what is given to me each day and not worrying about things I can't control. I pray that this continues even as the workload and pressure continues to grow.

     On the home front, since last summer I have gradually neglected to consistently put things away in my little house, which has developed into a cluttered space (not dirty, but definitely a far cry from my neatly organized desk at work). So at the beginning of this year, I looked at this space in which I live and I decided that something needed to be done.
     Have you ever realized that you need to do something but you've been procrastinating for so long that it seems almost insurmountable to begin the good habit? Well, I knew that I needed some kind of motivation, so I bought myself 2 new books with a Christmas gift certificate and I resolved that I would not open or begin reading them until I get a decent part of my house in order. This is a big discipline for me, because I absolutely love reading!!
     However, I am making progress...and now will come the discipline of developing the good habit of putting things away instead of letting things pile up.

That's just a glimpse - I'm sure there will be more new beginnings this year and I look forward to sharing them with you, and I hope your new year is beginning with promise as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment