About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

CHRISTMAS MEMORIES

It was different this year not being together with my immediate family, but I had a wonderful time celebrating with my church family and some of my relatives. Sometimes change helps us to better appreciate the gifts and blessings that we do have.

CHRISTMAS EVE - Dec. 24, 2010
I was invited to a Christmas Eve dinner and some of the highlights were:

- a feast fit for a king's table (thank you, Care & Alan McNally!!)
- fellowship with friends and making new acquaintances
- sharing love for music and Christmas carols (I played piano and Tristan accompanied with violin)

- a beautiful Christmas Eve candlelight service
- fellowship and more food with friends (thank you, Dave & Gerri and Geoff & Cynthia Sutton)

CHRISTMAS DAY - Dec. 25, 2010
* After a long night's travel on the Greyhound, I arrived in Winnipeg around 8:45 am and was met by Oma (my maternal grandmother) and my Aunt Myrna. We enjoyed a relaxing brunch at Oma's house, read the Christmas story together and shared our gifts with one another.

* Phone calls with Mom & Dad and my brothers as well as another aunt and cousin in BC were treasured moments and helped me to not feel quite so far away.

* Enjoyed food, games and visiting...and then we watched Sound of Music (a Christmas tradition) - I fell asleep due to the long day.

BOXING DAY - Sunday, Dec. 26, 2010
* After breakfast, we went to church and it was a good time of reflection on the reality of the greatest gift God has ever given us - Jesus Christ.

* Lunch and more games and visiting...after awhile, my mom's Uncle Henry and Aunt Anne and Uncle Abe came over for Christmas dinner and some more fun and games. (Yes, my family loves to play games!) Surprise of surprises - I actually won the Rook game!!

MONDAY, DEC. 27, 2010
* Slept in - the first time in a long time that I was able to do that - mmmm!! Enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and then watched "The Price Is Right" together.

* After lunch, Oma, Aunt Myrna and I went bowling with one of Oma's bowling friends - we played 3 games and I had a fairly good average score of 137. Then we went out for coffee and cinnamon buns - yummy!!

* Had a short visit with my mom's aunt Kay in the nursing home where she lives (she has Huntington's disease) - she was really thankful to see us and it was a precious time.

* More games at home, we started a fun puzzle as well - after supper, we played Pictionary, Truth & Triumph and Scrabble and then had devotions together.

TUESDAY, DEC. 28, 2010
- We had an interesting time at the Greyhound bus depot - a few little delays and hitches that reminded us to trust in God to work out all the details.

- My bus trip back to Thunder Bay was uneventful, but very exhausting - arrived home at around 8:45 pm and after a hot bath, I went to bed to ensure I was rested for my return to work the next day.

Thank you, Lord, for family and for the love and fun we share together. May I never forget to thank You for the multitude of blessings You have showered upon me and for Your amazing grace that gives me strength and hope for every day and the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment