About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

THANKFULNESS

Yesterday morning I had an epiphany of sorts as I prepared for the day ahead...God spoke to my heart about having a thankful heart.

Circumstances in life are rarely what we want them to be, and if my heart is not in the right place I will not respond in the way that I should as a child of God.

This is not a new truth, but one that I continually be reminded of so that I remain humble and open to the Word of God and His work in my life.

So, in a brief synopsis, this is what occurred to me during my quiet meditation:

Thankfulness does not equal happiness, but...
Thankfulness and trust together brings joy and hope.

I may not be happy in or about my situation all the time, but if I choose to be thankful and to trust that God is "working all things out for good in my life" because I love Him and have been called according to His purpose, then I will be able to go forth in joy and have hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment