About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

COME, LORD JESUS

This morning was a beautiful celebration of Christmas with my church family:

The Sunday School children led us in worship, and I rejoiced in the sincerity and sweetness of their faith and their obvious joy!
From the lips of children and infants, you, LORD, have called forth your praise. ~Psalm 8:2

The choir presented a cantata of praise to God for the eternal gifts He gave us through His Son, Jesus Christ, and His presence was so powerful - it was a delight just to be able to sing to Him in worship!
Shout for joy to the LORD all the earth; worship the LORD with gladness! Come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the LORD is good and His love endures forever, His faithfulness continues to all generations. ~Psalm 100

Three young people were baptized, giving testimony to the work of God in their lives, which is the reason that Jesus came to the earth - it was a blessing to see and witness their step of faith!
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. ~John 3:16-17

At Christmas we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the advent of God's redemption plan. But we also look forward to when Jesus will come again, and I'd like to share with you a poem that God gave to me as I reflected on that hope...

WHEN JESUS COMES
(Written by Darlene Joy Koop)

The Light of the world shall illumine the sky;
And the glory of God made visible to mortal eyes,
When Jesus comes.

The trumpet shall resound to the earth below;
Every knee shall bow and every heart shall know,
When Jesus comes.

It may be in the morning, or it may be at night;
Yet certainly we shall see God's power and might,
When Jesus comes.

Oh may my soul be ready, and not be taken unawares;
May my heart and mind be free from all earthly cares,
That I may rejoice and welcome the day
When Jesus comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment