About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Monday, January 16, 2012

2011 - A YEAR OF CHANGE

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." ~ Romans 8:28 ~

Looking back on the past year is a good exercise, because we often see God's blessings better after we've come "through"...

NEW YEAR'S 2011 ~ This was the first time that I celebrated New Year's without my immediate family, but it was a memorable one nonetheless...sharing dinner, games and laughter (and of course, watching fireworks) with my good friend Ellie, her kids and some other good friends.

FEBRUARY 2011 ~ Had a brief visit with my parents at their new home in Ashcroft, B.C. - it wasn't much fun having strep throat, but thankfully (with medication and God's help) I was able to get better quickly. I also spent the better part of a week in Langley, B.C., for Interview & Orientation as part of my missionary application with EFCCM.

APRIL 2011 ~ Began making plans to join a 2-week summer ministry team to Ukraine, seeking God's leading as to whether that was where He was calling me to go. I was overwhelmed by God's provision and clear direction as the plans and preparation came together so swiftly!!

JUNE 2011 ~ Departed Canada on the 5th, travelling by plane through Toronto and London and on to Kiev, and then by train to the final destination -- Krivoi Rog, Ukraine. It was a wonderful, challenging and eye-opening experience! It was hard to leave, and I returned to Canada on the 19th.

JULY 2011 ~ A time of soul-searching as I had to learn to listen to God's voice and seek His leading -- not my own. It was difficult, but oh so rewarding as I drew closer to Him and experienced the peace and joy that only He can give when we truly trust Him!

AUGUST 2011 ~ Made the decision to resign from my job, give up my rental house and prepare to move to B.C. - anticipating by faith that I would soon be preparing for full-time overseas ministry. Mid-August, I received my acceptance from the mission and it was exciting to share this with my church family and friends, although I knew it would be hard to leave.

SEPTEMBER 2011 ~ Finished my last day on the job and was blessed by an unexpected gift from my boss and co-workers. Was able to sell my piano and furniture as I began to pack for the big move. I had the privilege of speaking at Dorion Bible Fellowship on the 11th and then at my home church the following Sunday. And in the last weeks and days, I enjoyed sweet fellowship with friends! Leaving Thunder Bay on the 28th, God changed the plans and my car stayed behind while I rented a reliable vehicle for the cross-country trip.

OCTOBER 2011 ~ My mom and I travelled through Saskatchewan and Alberta, re-connecting with some good friends and and having a special time with family in Edmonton. We were blessed with safety and good travelling weather. Arriving in B.C. on the 4th, we were tired, but I was happy to be at my new temporary home. I enjoyed the privilege of helping out with some children's ministry and becoming part of the church family in Ashcroft. Tim was home from college for Thanksgiving as well.

NOVEMBER 2011 ~ Sometimes it's hard to be patient...and although I was enjoying the Bible studies and fellowship, I was feeling the need to have a job - plus finances were a strain. It was a test in trusting the Lord, and He answered prayer miraculously -- I started a temporary full-time administrative job on the 28th! This made my life really busy, but I was grateful.

DECEMBER 2011 ~ Another busy month with Christmas events and a visit from family. Tim and Jeff were both home for Christmas and I had the week off, so we enjoyed some quality time together. This might be the last Christmas together for a couple of years. Now doing support-raising in earnest, we began talking about plans for a trip in March 2012, and we rang in the New Year giving thanks for God's faithfulness and praying for those close to our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment