About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Monday, January 16, 2012

LIVING BY FAITH

Living by faith in Jesus above,
Trusting, confiding in His great love;
From all harm safe in His sheltering arm,
I'm living by faith and feel no alarm.
~ by James Wells ~

I love these words and, truthfullythere's no better way to live.
The challenges of preparing for full-time ministry overseas have not only caused me to grow in my faith and trust in God, but also to increase my awareness of His working in my life.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
~ Philippians 3:12-14 ~

I have a long ways to go, but I am learning daily that God truly is the source of everything I need.
This is a truth I have known for most of my life, but it is becoming so much more real to me -- He is Jehovah Jireh, my Provider, and I can trust Him completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment