About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Мой Новый Дом - My New Home

I have moved into a lovely little apartment in Krivoy Rog and it already feels very homey! It's clean and completely furnished, equipped with everything I need and several little extras that I wasn't expecting. I've made a few touches here and there to personalize the space...hope you enjoy the tour!

View of the back of my apartment building. The 3-paned window with the air conditioner below it (3rd story from the top, 7th floor) is my living room window...to the right of the living room are the windows on the balcony which is attached to the kitchen, and to the left of the living room is my bedroom window.

This is the neighborhood playground and strip mall -- the building in the middle to the left, directly behind the playground, is my apartment building.

This is what you see immediately when you walk in the front door -- the living room.


As you can see, the bottom of the couch pulls out to make a bed. Some extra cushions are needed to make it comfortable and level with the couch, but this will be very helpful when I have guests.



Upon entering the apartment, if you turn to the left, you enter this space -- I love the storage for shoes and coats and other miscellaneous items!

These are the doors to the bathroom (on the left) and the toilet (on the right).
I love my new shower curtain -- the bathroom now looks fresh and clean and inviting, and the lighter color and material means that I'm not in the dark when I shower anymore!!


A very small washing machine, and very little storage space, so I have made my own.

The fridge is just outside the kitchen, as you can see, but close enough that it's not an inconvenience. I love having a microwave again!!
Great seating and eating space -- especially if I want to have guests over!! The kitchen opens onto the balcony, where I have extra storage space and a clothes drying rack.

Love the kitchen space -- lots of room to prepare food!! I even like the gas stove - I have to use a barbecue lighter to start it, but it cooks really well.

Beside the front door is this lovely little desk/vanity -- one of my favorite places in the apartment! So handy and nostalgic - it was icing on the cake for me!

Inside my bedroom -- the computer desk.

My bed -- which is really comfortable. I love the lights above it too!!

I love my wardrobe -- has lots of storage space and the full-length mirrors are great!!

In the balcony...

And this is the beautiful view I have from my windows -- it's so nice to see green grass and trees and blue sky instead of just concrete!!

What a great blessing to have this lovely apartment!! God definitely prepared it for me and I am looking forward to using it much in hospitality ministry - to share the many blessings God has given me with others! He is so good in meeting all our needs, including my need to have a restful place where I am comfortable. My heart is full of thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! So glad you've gotten settled, and it's such a nice place! Looking forward to hearing about your work (and your Russian) in your new locale!

    ReplyDelete