About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Friday, December 20, 2013

ADVENT MEDITATIONS - Part 10

DEC. 20 - (Единство)
Today's devotional thought is on the theme of solidarity - unity of purpose. Although we have received freedom in Christ, our enemy will continue to try and turn us away from that, and we must be prepared and stand firm in the truth.

I chose to memorize these verses: Philippians 1:27-28a -- Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you.

The world is watching us - so at Christmas and every other day throughout the year we need to stand united as Christ's followers, confident in Him, sure of our freedom, and eager to share the gospel with others around us.

DEC. 21 - (Воплощение Бога)
Today's meditation was about why Christ's birth is so miraculously different than any other. Because Christ has existed forever, His birth was an incarnation. He already existed, yet He took on the form of His creation.

I chose Isaiah 43:10-13 -- "You are My witnesses," declares the Lord, "and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed - I, and not some foreign god among you. You are My witnesses," declares the Lord, "that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am He. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?"

There is no other god, and no one who can do what God did. This is what we celebrate at Christmas - God becoming human in order to save us and bring us into relationship with Him. What a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment