About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

ADVENT MEDITATIONS - Part 7

DEC. 14 - (Преображение)
Today the devotional meditation highlighted the result of our new reality...Jesus's work is to change and transform us so that we become more like Him.


I chose this verse to memorize for today - 2 Corinthians 3:18 -- But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror, the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We can be assured that this transformation is indeed taking place, and this should cause us to rejoice!



DEC. 15 - (Жизнь и смерть)
Today's devotional was focused on the reality of death and life and how that relates to what we celebrate at Christmas. Jesus Christ came in order to die - but His death was what made it possible for us to have eternal life.

I chose these verses to memorize - John 11:25-26 -- Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, even though he dies, yet shall he live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die."

Death is a part of the reality of our life on earth, and it sometimes comes when we least desire it. But the hope of Christmas is that those who believe on Jesus Christ - who we are celebrating - will live again. Death has been defeated by life!

No comments:

Post a Comment