About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ADVENT MEDITATIONS - Part 5

DEC. 10 - (Сокровище)
Today's meditation talked about the gifts that the magi brought when they came to see Jesus. The point of the gifts was nothing other than worship.

 I chose to memorize the theme verse for today's Advent reading - Matthew 2:11 -- On coming to the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they bowed down and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

Christmas is about Jesus - and He is not only the greatest gift, but our greatest treasure. Let's allow our giving this Christmas and through the year demonstrate that this truth is settled in our hearts.

DEC. 11 - (Причина)
Today's meditation focused on the ultimate reason that Jesus came to earth -- to die for us on the cross, thereby saving us from sin and eternal separation from God, setting us free from fear of death and bringing us into the family of God.

I chose to memorize John 3:16-17 -- For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son so that anyone who believes in Him will not die, but will have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

This is the message of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment