About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

ADVENT MEDITATIONS - Part 6

DEC. 12 - (Нет тени)
Today's meditation was about how, in coming to earth, Jesus has dispelled shadows and has fulfilled all that was spoken about Him. Although there are some things we still don't understand, Jesus has Himself revealed God to us and made it possible for us to know Him. Those who believe are no longer hindered by darkness and shadows, but are now walking in the light of His presence.

I chose these verses for today - John 12:45-46 -- "The one who looks at Me is seeing the One who sent Me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in Me should stay in darkness."

This is the hope that Christmas brings - believing in Jesus removes us from the darkness and shadows of this world and brings us into the light of His presence and fellowship with God. Amazing!

DEC. 13 - (Реальность)
Today's meditation followed up with yesterday's theme - now that the shadows are gone, we have a new reality. It is not something that just happened then - Jesus is in the very presence of God right now, interceding and working on our behalf.


I chose to memorize today's theme verses - Hebrews 8:1-2 -- Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord erected, and not man.

What an incredible reality this is for us!! And it should change the way we live day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment