About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

ADVENT MEDITATIONS - Part 12

DEC. 24 - (Милость Божья)
The focus of today's meditation was on the reason why Jesus Christ appeared to us -- and that reason was to save us from sin - to set us free from the bondage that keeps us in sin and to be an advocate for us with the Father.

I chose these verses - Titus 2:11-14 -- For the grace of God has appeared which offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say "no" to ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope - the appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good.

This is a long passage; I chose it because it not only talks about why Jesus came the first time, but also because it declares that Jesus is coming again. Advent is preparation for our celebration of Christ's first coming, but also a time of remembering and preparing our hearts for His second coming.

DEC. 25 - (Подарки от Бога)
Today's meditation was kind of like a summary of the three main gifts that Christ gives to us through His incarnation.

1) Цель жизни (Purpose for living) - 1 John 3:23 -- And this is His command: to believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as He has commanded us.
2) Надежда в прощение (Hope in forgiveness) - 1 John 1:9 -- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
3) Помощь (Help) - 1 John 4:4 -- You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one that is in the world.

There are no greater gifts that we could receive -- let's give thanks to God together!!
Merry Christmas!!


Here is the finished wall decoration -- I think I will leave it up for awhile as a reminder of the truths that I have hidden in my heart and also because it's pretty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment