About Me

My photo
I am a disciple of Christ and I desire to love and serve God in everything. I have many passions and I desire to share my adventures, joys and struggles to encourage others in their faith.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

ADVENT MEDITATIONS - Part 11

DEC. 22 - (Вера)
Today's meditation was on belief. How often we can get caught up in a really good story or movie and sometimes even live vicariously through it, but how easy it is for us to simply read the words of Scripture and pass over them without realizing the significance they hold.

I chose to memorize this verse today - John 20:31 -- But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.

We know what the Scriptures say, but do we really believe Jesus is who He says He is? If we do, then that should be reflected in the way we live our lives. As I have meditated on Scripture this month in anticipation of celebrating His birth...and anticipating His second coming...I have come to a deeper appreciation and understanding of who He really is and it has strengthened my belief in Him. And that is the best Christmas gift!

DEC. 23 - (Радость)
Today's theme for meditation was a reminder that our focus at Christmas should be to rejoice in the fact that Jesus Christ has come to be our Savior.

I chose to memorize a couple of verses from Mary's song - Luke 1:46b-48a (1:47-48a in Russian) -- "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant."

This is one thing that does not change, and so whether I feel lonely or events at Christmas are not what I had hoped they would be, I can - and must - still choose to rejoice in who Christ is and the purpose He came to accomplish in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment